Political Due Diligence – Patros S.R.L.
PATROS S.R.L. is a medium-sized company engaged in the processing of precious metals for a number of well-known jewellery brands. The company is located in Via Treviso, 36 in Cavazzale (VI) and employs its own staff engaged in goldsmithing activities, from the processing of the raw material to the production of the finished product for third parties.
PATROS S.R.L. is a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) since June 2013 for both RJC-Code of Practise (COP) and Chain of Custody (COC) certifications.
As a RJC member, we are committed to:
– respect human rights in accordance with the universal Declaration of Human Rights and the international labour organisation’s Fundamental Rights at work;
– not engage in or tolerate active or passive corruption, money laundering or terrorist financing;
– support transparency of government payments and security forces compatible with the protection of rights in the extractive industry;
– recognise the right of our employees to associate for the defence and promotion of their interests, as well as the right to be represented by trade unions or other forms of representation, in accordance with the legislation and practices in force in Italy.
– provide direct or indirect support to illegal armed groups
– set up processes through which stakeholders can express issues relating to the jewellery supply chainWe believe that compensation policies, benefits and working conditions must guarantee an adequate standard of living for all workers; for this reason, the company promotes a working condition in which all employees receive fair and equitable compensation and benefits according to the type of work performed and contractual classification.
PATROS S.R.L. is also committed to using its influence to prevent abuse by others.
As a Certified Members of RJC, we are committed to operating our business in accordance with the RJC Code of practices. We are also committed to integrating ethical, human rights, social and environmental considerations into our daily operations, business planning activities and decision-making processes.
Regarding serious abuses associated with the mining, transportation and trade of gold we will not tolerate or profit from, contribute to, assist or facilitate:
– torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment;
– forced or compulsory labour;
– the worst forms of child labour;
– war crimes, violations of international humanitarian law, crimes against humanity or genocide.
We will immediately cease any engagement with upstream suppliers if we find a reasonable risk that they are engaging with or sourcing from or are connected to a counterparty that commits the abuses described above.
Regarding direct or indirect support to non-governmental armed groups, we will not tolerate direct or indirect support for non-governmental armed groups, including but not limited to procuring gold from, making payments to, or assisting or providing equipment to, non-governmental armed groups or their affiliates that illegally:
– Control mining sites, transportation routes, gold marketing points and upstream actors in the supply chain;
-tax or extort money or gold at mining sites, transportation routes or gold marketing points, or from middlemen, export companies or international traders.
PATROS S.R.L., in expressing the concepts stated in this Policy, is guided by the principles and standards of the entity operating in the gold value chain, respecting the OECD Guidelines, as well as the recommendations contained in the OECD Guidelines Supplement intended for the gold sector.
ANNUAL REPORT 2022
PATROS S.R.L. has carried out a due diligence towards its relevant business partners in order to verify any deviation from the OECD guidelines and furthermore no human rights risks have been detected. The transactions considered are low risk and the checks carried out comply with the RJC principles.
Alta Direzione – Diego Bottene